JACTONE PAFSS® KITCHENGUARD FIRE SUPPRESSION
Preventing fire spread both within the area and beyond.
PAFSS KitchenGuard Fire Suppression Systems detect automatically at the source of a fire and extinguish it early and before it fully develops, minimising the damage of valuable assets and enabling a quicker recovery of operations. The range of PAFSS KitchenGuard builds on years of experience and technical knowledge acquired in the fire industry. A PAFSS system gives you peace of mind, protecting people and valuable assets, preventing fire spread both within the area and beyond. On guard 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
PAFSS KITCHENGUARD FEATURES
Choosing KitchenGuard has many advantages, including:
- Simple, high quality and well engineered system, which is quick and unobtrusive to install.
- Fast, automatic actuation.
- Stainless steel pipework, fittings and nozzles to suit kitchen environments.
- Highly reliable detection tube. Remains unaffected by oil, dirt and kitchen grease.
- Requires no mechanical movement or power supply for detection and activation, remaining operational during power interruption.
- Linear heat and flame detection, allowing for an unlimited number detection points.
- Flexible detection tubing can be located adjacent to the identified risk areas, providing fast effective detection.
- Low whole life costs of system ownership from initial installation,
- Planned system service and maintenance.
- 99% biodegradable wet chemical extinguishing agent.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION
PAFSS KitchenGuard will operate automatically upon prolonged flame impingement or heat.
- Detection Tube detects fire EARLY by bursting anywhere along its length – acts as LINEAR DETECTION, NOT POINT DETECTION.
- Depressurisation of the Detection Tube opens the Cylinder Valve.
- Extinguishant is then discharged through separate stainless steel Pipework and Nozzles.
- Nozzles are installed to protect COOKING APPLIANCES, PLENUMS and DUCT INLETS.
- PAFSS KitchenGuard systems can also be operated via the Manual Actuator.
- As required by LPS1223, the system includes a Discharge Pressure Switch used to shutdown power / gas to the kitchen appliances.
Fires in the food service industry account for 10% of overall fires in non-dwelling buildings and 17% of non-fatal casualties (Source : Home Office Incident Recording System. 2014/15 Statistics). Food and drink premises are regarded as one of the more high risk categories because of the hazards associated with kitchens.
Fires here can arise in numerous ways, including: defective or damaged heating controls, unattended devices, burners overheating and grease / dirt residue build-up.
With this specific, very problematic risk in mind we have developed and certified the PAFSS KitchenGuard system.
THE PAFSS SOLUTION
Our system offers peace of mind for customers looking to specify a fully tested, approved and certified solution for fire protection of their kitchen and catering equipment. It incorporates many innovative features, to bring ground breaking characteristics and reliability to anyone with responsibility for kitchen fire suppression.
With kitchen fires being difficult to contain and control, KitchenGuard has been specifically designed to protect catering equipment in accordance with LPS1223: “Requirements and testing procedures for the LPCB certification and listing of fixed fire extinguishing systems for catering equipment”.
Investment in a KitchenGuard system can help safeguard your valuable assets and staff against the risk and impact of fire at your premises.
Like any fire scenario, kitchen fires need to be dealt with quickly before they can develop and cause further, more significant damage. KitchenGuard is fast acting both in detection and system actuation. Linear pressurised detection tubing detects the fire, which melts and bursts when exposed to prolonged flame or heat to activate the system. This drop in pressure opens the cylinder valve, releasing the extinguishing agent through stainless steel pipework and nozzles onto the hazard areas.
Reliability is key. You want a system you can trust to work when you need it to. KitchenGuard detection tubing is unaffected by oil, dirt and kitchen grease which can cause delay in activation on other systems. All discharge pipework, fittings and nozzles are stainless steel, vital in potentially corrosive environments as well as complementing the kitchen environment. KitchenGuard does not require any mechanical movement or electrical signal to detect and activate.
On guard 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, PAFSS KitchenGuard will be ready if and when it is needed. KitchenGuard is a self-contained system that requires no power supply for the detection of fire and for the activation of the system. In case of any power outage to the building KitchenGuard will remain operational at all times. The health of the system is easy to check with simple visible pressure gauge monitoring.
How does PAFSS KitchenGuard work?
On guard 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Get in Touch...
For further information on any of our services or facilities, please get in touch with our head office and one of our team will be happy to help you with your enquiry.
Phone: 01384 573350
Award Winning in Fire Protection & Prevention.
© 2017 Bryland Fire Protection Ltd. Designed & Powered by Nettl of Kidderminster